ST George Island--places to eat

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Outdoornerd

ST George Island--places to eat

Post by Outdoornerd »

Hey yall--my wife, 13YO daughter and I are goin to St. George island...Anyone got any good suggestions--we'd like to go to maybe a seafood place and then a low budget burger/pizza joint--any suggestions welcome and THANKS!!!
doomtrpr_z71

Re: ST George Island--places to eat

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I'd say you need to do Indian pass raw bar since you're that close, the blue parrot is good on the island but up the creek in Apalachicola is better. BJ's pizza was excellent on the island when I ate there a couple years ago

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Outdoornerd

Post by Outdoornerd »

THANKS!!!!!!
doomtrpr_z71 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 5:44 pm I'd say you need to do Indian pass raw bar since you're that close, the blue parrot is good on the island but up the creek in Apalachicola is better. BJ's pizza was excellent on the island when I ate there a couple years ago

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

IP is a good recommendation. For a quality seafood meal the Owl in Appalach can’t be beat. I’ve never been, but my parents just had some beers and listened to live music at Paddy’s on the island. They had a good time. Up The Creek and Scorpio Marina in Appalach are both good too. Have fun.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

We go to St George every month or so and always make sure to eat at the Family Restaurant in Eastpoint.It's right next to Barber Seafood. Prices are comparable to most other seafood restaurants in the area. It's as good as any seafood restaurant I've ever been to. It's right on 98 and parking sometimes is a problem but still worth the effort.I always get grouper and wife loves their crab claws. :lick:
Fish5

Post by Fish5 »

Paddys for oysters and BJs for pizza
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

A lot of good choices, especially the Owl but for me, it's Hole in the Wall in Apalach. Dynamite food with attitude.
Last edited by FlyrodC on July 1st, 2021, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Fish5 wrote:Paddys for oysters and BJs for pizza
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PhishingNole

Post by PhishingNole »

Start off with some drinks and live music at Tamara's if they've got someone playing, then to the owl for dinner, and finish the night at Oyster City.

I've not been impressed by Blue Parrot the last few times I've gone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

BJ’s pizza is a good spot for the pizza.

Bayside Coffee in Eastpoint is another great spot for your morning caffeine. Matt and his wife also have a shop on the island. Smoothest cup on the bend.

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Following, me and the family are camping all next week in Eastpoint, at Coastline

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I may have to give the owl a try, my wife had a bad experience with the previous owners and we never paid that location any attention ever since.

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Family Coastal for the seafood option and The Red Pirate for the low-budget burger/family option. Both restaurants are on the north side of the bridge, i.e. Eastpoint. If in Apalach, stop by Oyster City and Up To No Good Tavern (they have a great pizza too). It's hard to go wrong with anything in the SGI, Eastpoint, Apalac area. Have fun...
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
OswaldoBecker

Post by OswaldoBecker »

Is it possible to lose weight if I eat food over an open fire all the time?
Willie

Post by Willie »

All the options previously mentioned + check out Eastpoint Beer Company. Solid beers on tap and they have a pizza joint next door. You won't be disappointed. Their sours are good.