Econfina River

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fishbster12

Econfina River

Post by Fishbster12 »

Taking my skiff to the Econfina for the 1st time, it is 16 foot, 25 horse flat bottom. Any words of wisdom heading down the river, to the flats are appreciated. Thanks in advance !
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina River

Post by Juan »

Go slow. :)
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
tabb

Post by tabb »

Just watch out for that one rock. :roll:
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

tabb wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 6:55 pm Just watch out for that one rock. :roll:
It's only one rock....the problem is that it starts in St. Marks and ends at Spring Warrior!
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

In all seriousness... watch your tides, I don't recommend running it in less than a 0.75 tide if its your first time. Stay in the center of the river and you'll miss most of the rocks, don't take the shortcut. After you pass the tripod on the way out, veer to the left as it is a little bit deeper on that side. About half a mile from the tripod to the right there are three big rocks....stay away from them. If you end up by them, there is a Yamaha 150 foot that you can have if you can find it.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

ugadawg do you have numbers for those rocks?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Stay in the middle and miss MOST of the rocks........very confidence inspiring. lol
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

For some reason I have been very fortunate in NOT finding the rocks at Econfina, I started going there in 2018 with a bass tracker style 17' boat and now in my Mako Pro Skiff 17'. I took it pretty slow around the mouth once I realized that I wasn't seeing channel makers, but rock markers. I've been through the shortcut multiple times and around Oyster creek. As said, stay in the middle of the river and watch out for the bars on the right side of the tripod.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Redbelly wrote:ugadawg do you have numbers for those rocks?
N30 01.581 W83 56.946 its a cluster give it a wide berth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Thanks HM! As many times as I have fished out of Ecofina I've never seen those, but have heard of then out about a mile in front of the mouth. Very Lucky I guess! I'll be plugging those in my GPS!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Did a google search for those numbers and this old post popped up! Figured I'd link it back in.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7934
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Redbelly wrote: August 13th, 2021, 7:19 am Thanks HM! As many times as I have fished out of Ecofina I've never seen those, but have heard of then out about a mile in front of the mouth. Very Lucky I guess! I'll be plugging those in my GPS!
No Problem. Also when backing off the trailer don't go to far across the river there is a big rock there. And in the middle of the river just past the nowake zone going out. Personally I like between 1.5-2' positive tide coming and going. If gonna be low I go to Keaton.