Missing Boater Located on St. Vincent Island

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

squiffynole

Missing Boater Located on St. Vincent Island

Post by squiffynole »

You all probably saw this but what a scary story. It seems a boat capsized near West Pass late Thursday and very fortunately was located on St.Vincent Island this morning. I sure as heck would not want to spend a cold, wet night along the shoreline there. The bugs and and who knows what wild critters must have been a fright. Very glad the guy is safe.

https://www.wctv.tv/2021/11/05/franklin ... ge-island/
eightwt

Re: Missing Boater Located on St. Vincent Island

Post by eightwt »

Glad he was safe. I came across an overturned boat Wed. off of Shell Pt. Phoned sheriff’s office and it had already been notified and forwarded to FWC. Looked liked the hull was recovered later by SeaTow. Saw a story from Tampa where CG rescued fisherman when a really nice skiff got swamped after anchor got hung and rope wrapped around prop causing water over the transom. Guy was out that Thursday a week ago when that bad storm came through. Didn’t heed weather forecast. S—t can happen fast.
J Holden

Re: Missing Boater Located on St. Vincent Island

Post by J Holden »

Even with this cool weather, he may be short a useful quantity of blood spending a night with no shelter over there. The mosquitos are biblical.

I've made a couple trips to the interior ponds there and both times the mosquitos could blot out the sun.