SKEG Repair

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onthechew

Re: SKEG Repair

Post by onthechew »

George Rivers welding in shadeville. He tig welded a hole on the block of my Suzuki on the exhaust. No more problems since. Builds towers,leaning post,etc.give him a call he does great work. George Rivers at 850-510-6062.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Another thing to consider, I had heard that the lower unit should be removed prior to any welding due to the possibility of electronic component damage. Such as the control module, sensors etc. I'm not sure if there is a way to prevent this by isolating electronics or grounding the engine or even if that is something to be concerned with, just information from a service center.
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

FYI// Wr. Waviel Porter passed away April 2, His obit is on Family Funeral Home Crawfordville web site,
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

grasshopper wrote: April 4th, 2022, 7:41 am FYI// Wr. Waviel Porter passed away April 2, His obit is on Family Funeral Home Crawfordville web site,

Man, I hate to hear that. He was a local fixture. Rip
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

grasshopper wrote: April 4th, 2022, 7:41 am FYI// Wr. Waviel Porter passed away April 2, His obit is on Family Funeral Home Crawfordville web site,
Man... hate to hear that. Thanks for updating everyone.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
cleanlivin

Post by cleanlivin »

Mr Porter was good people hate to hear he passed away
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Hate to hear it. Will be missed. Condolences to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk