Skeg Repair

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Welby
Site Sponsor

Skeg Repair

Post by Welby »

I know someone in need of a Skeg repair.
Any recommendations in or near the Thomasville/Tallahassee area?
Attachments
BCDD1E33-547E-4509-8FD9-264D2507885B.jpeg
homboyfsu

Re: Skeg Repair

Post by homboyfsu »

Yep, just went through it. You have got several options. 1. Take it to Mike's Marine for repair. 2. Take the footing to George Rivers and have him repair the broken part. In my case, I took my footing to a local repair shop and had all the seals replaced in the lower footing. The footing does get very hot.
Where did you break the Skeg? I live in Cairo. You can call me at 229-327-4408. It Free.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby what you done gone and done that for? Ecofina? Mr Bellamy fixed mine but he retired. If you can get in touch with him he may still do it. Last time I saw him in Publix he said he still piddles with stuff at the house.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Thanks for the info guys. It’s not mine, but it’s my brother. I’m not sure what happened, he just sent the pic and asked for advise. I figured it was to soon to ask questions. He’s at Mex. Beach for a couple of days. I’ll touch base with Mr. Bellamy. That was my 1st thought but knew he had retired. 👍🏼
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby wrote: July 6th, 2022, 5:10 pm Thanks for the info guys. It’s not mine, but it’s my brother. I’m not sure what happened, he just sent the pic and asked for advise. I figured it was to soon to ask questions. He’s at Mex. Beach for a couple of days. I’ll touch base with Mr. Bellamy. That was my 1st thought but knew he had retired. 👍🏼
He did a great job with mine if you can get ahold of him. He even gave it nice radiused corners instead of the sharp factory point. You can't tell it was ever damaged.