AT & T Vs. Verizon

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

AT & T Vs. Verizon

Post by Steve Stinson »

Has anybody else noticed a degraded Verizon signal around the Econfina area? For the past 8 years or so, I have been calling my wife either from the Econfina Ramp or Jr's store on my way home from fishing to let her know that I am off the water.

However the past two weekends I have not had service in either location. My service does not return until I am about half way back up SR-59 heading toward Wacissa.

I need to purchase a SIM card for some new survey equipment and my equipment provider who services the Florida Panhandle is telling me he gets better results with AT & T.

Let me know your opinion please. :thumbup:

Thank you.
Steve Stinson
flatsbroke22

Re: AT & T Vs. Verizon

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I’ve never had any service around the icky. Always had to go up towards 98 to make a call. Been that way every since I started going. I have Verizon.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I made calls from both the ramp and the store at the ramp when I was down there last month with Verizon, it did get weird one night I lost service at the campground.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

leonreno

Post by leonreno »

I have Verizon and my daughter has ATT, always seems like when I run out of service or really low signal, her service is fine and works well. I don’t know if it’s the actual signal or how busy the network is. My experience is mostly SW Georgia and some areas like Keaton and Tallahassee.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Thank you for the replies. I went with AT & T for the new sim card and may switch my cell service over. We will see how well the gps equipment works.

- Steve Stinson
geofish

Post by geofish »

I suppose there's no chance they'll ever put cell transmitters on the old Air Force Towers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

My work phone is Verizon, which has always served me well. BUT... AT&T has made leaps and bounds in regards to new tower installations in the rural areas near me in the past few years. I swapped my personal phone from VZW to ATT (FirstNet) because of this. I find that ATT has better coverage overall, with fewer dead spots, and is actually cheaper than VZW was, with truly unlimited mobile hotspot without data throttling at any point if you have a law enforcement/military/fire/EMS credential. Mine is right at $90 a month.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Price -
Thanks for your input. I had one of my neighbors come over this past weekend who has AT &T. At several locations on my property including inside my house and inside my office she had a much stronger signal that my Verizon phone.

I am underway with switch over to AT & T. After seeing these results my wife and son are wanting to switch as well.

- Steve Stinson
Jawjadawg

Post by Jawjadawg »

Just swapped from PagePlus (uses Verizon towers) to ATT. No regrets thus far. Service on Hwy 59 from Wacissa to 98 where Verizon was spotty. Check to see if you or one of your family members applies for any of their discounted plans... https://www.att.com/offers/discount-pro ... reciation/