WHERE TO FISH

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BBOB

Post by BBOB »

BOUGHT A 14 FOOT JON BOAT, HAS A 4 HORSE YAMAHA, WHERE WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO FRESHWATER FISH? NEW TO FRESH WATER. :???:
dewyafish

Post by dewyafish »

bbob, Where do you live? :???:
It's a small world, unless you had to paint it.
BBOB

Post by BBOB »

LIVE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TALLAHSSEE, FLA. 5 MILES FROM LAKE JACKSON. LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE I CAN RUN TOO AFTER WORK. I FISH ECONFINA ON WEEKENDS, ALONG WITH KEATON BEACH. WANT TO LEARN TO FRESH WATER FISH.
BigbaitBigfish

Post by BigbaitBigfish »

Lake Iamonia is still holding some bass, so I've heard. Look for open water away from all the lily pads and throw spinnerbaits and worms.
Gray Fins

Post by Gray Fins »

Lake Hall in Maclay gardens is an excellent
place to fish.
If you dont have an after hours recreational permit they close it at sunset. I have one and me my son can be on the water in 15 minutes depending on the traffic. fish until 7 or 8 depending on his homework.

Gray Fins :smile:
BBOB

Post by BBOB »

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO, SOMEONE ALSO TOLD ME ABOUT LAKE CARR. THAT IS WHERE I AM HEADED THIS WEEKEND BEING THAT TROUT IS CLOSED. THANKS AGAIN,
BBOB
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Are outboards allowed on Lake Hall? I don't think so, but I would like a heads up before I head over there! :razz:

Anything else special about Lake Hall that one should know?

Bailey
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

No outboards are allowed in Lake Hall. One thing I do wonder is if I could take the gas tank out of my john boat and just use my trolling motor. I don't want to take my motor off the boat if i don't have to.

Bailey

Post by Bailey »

I was thinking the same thing. I have no problems not using one, and if I disabled it by removing the tank so I couldn't use it even if I wanted to, I wonder if that would still be a problem. I'll try to give them a call over at Maclay Gardens today to see if they can shed some light on this.

Bailey
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

That would be great. Let me know. I live right across the street from the gardens and would love to hit the lake once or twice a week after work for some sanity preservation.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

BBOB

Post by BBOB »

YOU CAN LEAVE THE MOTOR ON, BUT YOU MUST TAKE THE PROP OFF. LEAST THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I CALLED.HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU GUYS ON THE WATER.
BBOB
Gray Fins

Post by Gray Fins »

you will have to take the prop off until they get to know you. The fishing has been very good lately for crappie and bass.
Sorry about waiting so long to answer back I have been working some long hours this week.

Gray Fins

Post by Gray Fins »

The best bait to start with for crappie is a beetle spin, road runner or small hal fly jig.
The best bait to start with for bass is a red shad plastic worm.
Like most places many other lures/baits work but this will get you started with fish in the boat until you get used to the place.
The water is super clear so troll for crappie and make long casts for bass so that you dont spook them! they are more forgiving about this at dusk and dawn.
Good luck and let us know how it goes! :smile:

rgharris83

Post by rgharris83 »

I've heard of this place and never been. Is there a fee or anything special you have to do? Can anybody fish there? I was thinking about taking my nephew but he is a little young for a boat. Are you able to fish from shore?
BBOB

Post by BBOB »

THANKS FOR THE GOOD INFORMATION. I WILL TRY LAKE HALL THIS WEEKEND, WEATHER PERMITTING.
BBOB