The Hewes Redfisher finds Bass!!!

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

The Hewes Redfisher finds Bass!!!

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

I brought the boat back here to KY and was anxious to get on the water... not only to get some wheel time, but to try and catch some fish! Called my buddy Lyndin and said let's go!!! With Barren River Lake still up around 18' above summer pool I wasn't sure if all of JT's holes would be holding any fish!! :lol: We head to Walnut Creek and launch at 0 dark thirty to beat the heat. Head North go under the bridge and start throwing some topwater right off a rock point. We catch a couple small fish and they seem to be holding off the cover. We start working the coves and some points..... with the water so high we were weaving in and out of tree tops and huge trees that would normally be no where near the water. It was like jungle fishing!!! :-D Lyndin switches over to a Texas rig with a worm and I start chunking a Strike King Red Eye Shad. We keep finding a few fish in anywhere from 12-14' of water. We were working in and out of a small cove when this one comes right off a willow tree and hammers the shad. Best fish of the day!! Good day on the water!

Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: The Hewes Redfisher finds Bass!!!

Post by wevans »

That's a nice fish for high water fishin :thumbup: what happened to it's tail? :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

That's the closest that bass could come to having a spot on its tail.
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

wevans wrote:what happened to it's tail?
We were wondering the same thing.... It was slinging a little blood on deck and I thought I had gill hooked him. Not sure... Looked like blood blisters... :smt017

Image Image
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice phish :thumbup: :thumbup:
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

KyTrkyHntr wrote:
wevans wrote:what happened to it's tail?
We were wondering the same thing.... It was slinging a little blood on deck and I thought I had gill hooked him. Not sure... Looked like blood blisters... :smt017

o.k. shot that pic to a couple of co-workers that Bass fish alot and they were saying this guy was on bed. I was telling them the way he slammed the lure, etc. They thought it was late for that, but with the water way up it has them confused as crap.... Anywho... I'm sure I'm not telling you freshwater guys anything you don't already know.... :thumbup: Have a good one!!

Image Image
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Fanning a bed. :thumbup:
Semper Fi
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

That's a good combo for Kentucky. Redfish boat bass fishing. I love it. Nice fish KYTH. I've seen em have messed up tails from bedding but that one was really gettin' at it. It is pretty late for spawning as well. I was thinking the water temp would have been too high for a spawner. But, whatever...it's been a weird year all around in Kentucky with the crazy water levels. Glad you got to go bro.
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

CSMarine wrote:Fanning a bed. :thumbup:
kinda off season but thats how it looks to me too