Lake Hall - Dec 11

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Terrier

Lake Hall - Dec 11

Post by Terrier »

Fished Lake Hall yesterday afternoon with the fly rods from 2:30 - 6:00. Very slow with only a few small bass. As I headed in to the ramp about 5:30, I took a few casts around the dock and picked up a speck. A few casts then another - ended up catching 6, loosing a few more in a 20 minute period right by the dock. Most of the specks were good size: 10-12 inches and fat. I had one speck take the fly, fight a bit; than it stopped and the rod got very heavy. I could see the white of the specks belly, as it it appeared to be turned sideways in the water. It was too dim to 'see anything but the speck's belly but I guess that a large bass had taken the speck. It released the speck near the boat where the speck shook off the hook - a double escapee.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Lake Hall - Dec 11

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

TERRIER, I HAVE A BASS MOUNTED IN THE FAMILY ROOM THAT WEIGHED 10# 2 OZ., SHE HIT A SPEC THAT I WAS REELING IN ON A SMALL PLUG, THE SPEC WAS GONE WHEN I GOT THE BASS IN AND THE PLUG WAS HOOKED DOWN IN THE GILLS OF THE BASS.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Terrier

Re: Lake Hall - Dec 11

Post by Terrier »

Pa -
That's quite a story - next time I'm into the specks I'm going to have a heavy rod rigged with a large fly that looks like a speck.