There ought ta be at least ONE...

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

There ought ta be at least ONE...

Post by Sir reel »

Fresh water report from the bunch that fished the Appalach Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Let's have it fellows! I'm sure you've had a chance ta thaw out by now :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Ty one on

Re: There ought ta be at least ONE...

Post by Ty one on »

Here's one from my Dad.

He fish up the Apalachicola north of Howard Creek (at the Fingers) and caught 25 Shell Crackers and some bream on Saturday. :beer:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks Ty.

Now if we can just get TC to break down and report on all the bass club activities we can all be astonished at their success
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

It was cold. The water was low. The wind blew. Fished the rivers and creeks. A 9.28 pound 5 fish limit won. That's a good stringer for that part of the river. I had 3 fish that weighed 6.78 pounds. Not enough. There were several fish caught but most were less than 12". Most were caught on a texas rigged worm.

Thanks to the weather conditions, I did varify my boat will stay up and running at 27 mph. :roll:
What was I supposed to do today?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

tin can wrote:Thanks to the weather conditions, I did varify my boat will stay up and running at 27 mph. :roll:

Meeoowww. All that time off the salt is making you soft :wink: Windchill was probably still positive at those speeds. How did Parkway1 fare?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

YES...at those speeds I'm positive there was a wind chill too.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Showboat, Parkway 1 backed out. He didn't go. AND....Meeoowww is correct. It has nothing to do with being off the salt. Soft comes with AGE.

Sir Reel, if the boat would have run slower I would have. I never ran over 40 all weekend. But, if you would like the experience I'll bundle up and take you for a ride when it's 26 degrees. Just let me know when you want to go.
What was I supposed to do today?
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

tin can wrote:Showboat, Parkway 1 backed out. He didn't go. AND....Meeoowww is correct. It has nothing to do with being off the salt. Soft comes with AGE.
Dad always said, "If you plan on getting old, you better get tough. It aint for sissies!"
I am finding out the hard way he was not kidding.
FF salute1
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Tin Can wrote:
Sir Reel, if the boat would have run slower I would have. I never ran over 40 all weekend. But, if you would like the experience I'll bundle up and take you for a ride when it's 26 degrees. Just let me know when you want to go.
I'm flattered that you'd let me in the same boat with you. I still have dislocated wrinkles from the last time.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Duplicate post
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

When a fella offers ya a full face motorcycle helment before ya get in the boat :o ya know yer in fer a ride :smt005 :smt004 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”