talquin

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GoneFishin

talquin

Post by GoneFishin »

had to get out in the beautiful weather yesterday so i went out and tried to find a spec or two on talquin..talked to some guys that were trolling and hadnt had a bite so i decided to head on west past williams and fish a couple of holes with minnows...no such luck either..fishd several different holes all afternoon and couldnt buy a bite..talkd to a warden and he said he hadnt seen hardly any fish caught on the lake recently but they were catchin some pretty good specs and cats in the river above the lake, so i guess im gunna give her a try this weeknd..just a waiting game now for all hell to break loose for tha spring bite!! :beer: :beer:
"Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish."
Just Fish
Site Sponsor

Re: talquin

Post by Just Fish »

Thanks for the report. With all the regulations in saltwater in Feb and March, I think I am going to start hitting Talquin again this time of year. GoneFishin I used to fish Coes to 90 exclusively but its been so long I don't even know where to start. If the warden said the river might be good, you could give the little river a try also (NW of Williams on the north side of the lake), I used to have good luck up there. Also I would troll deep in the river channel along the Iron Curtain (coes) with success but I don't recall the exact time of year (Nov - Mar possibly) Good luck out there.
GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin »

yea, thats usually where i fish as well...coes to 90... and thats where i plan to be sumtime this week..ive never really messed with little river besides just riding it and trying a cat from time to time...have you got on the specs over there?
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Went out a couple weeks ago and trolled for several hours only to produce 1 keeper. Decieded to try the river with live bait, went up the river a couple of bins from the mouth of the lake raked me out a hole out in the weeds in about 20 foot of water and struck gold me and my father in-law caught 36 keepers up to 2.5 pounds :thumbup: all in about 2 hours. Don't know if they are still there but it might be worth a try. :smt023
GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin »

dangggg thats a day worth talkin about right there! im gone give em a try wednesday, so maybe ill have sumthn to talk about
hookedonred

Post by hookedonred »

mac you cant fish talquin...give up
GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin »

haha damn u caught me...u already know ill find em eventually tho..whos this?
hookedonred

Post by hookedonred »

haha yea i hurd that....its Blaine
GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin »

ooo ha hell yea..well when we goin to get salty man??
hookedonred

Post by hookedonred »

whenever man...with no more birds im ready for the salt....plus i want to see how your new wife rides...haha
GoneFishin

Post by GoneFishin »

hahahahahaha touche my friend :beer: :beer: