A morning at the pond 4-20-11

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jadams92002
Site Sponsor

A morning at the pond 4-20-11

Post by jadams92002 »

Well I had the day off so I had to make the tuff decision whether to turkey hunt or to fish. I finally made up my mind to go fishing. On the way to the pond wouldn’t you know there would be a nice Tom and 2 hens walking down the road. After a few minutes of watching them I eased my way on down to the pond. As soon as I pulled up I could see that the top water action was going to be good. Got the boat in the water and tied on a 4 inch Spook and the first 4 cast I landed 4 bass. I was thinking ok this may not be to bad. After a few more cast and a few more fish I forgot all about turkeys. This went on for about 45 minutes and the top water action slowed down. The last greedy little bass I caught on top water had a Crawfish in his mouth, and I just so happen to have some in my box. Tied on a 2.5 inch Yum Crawdad and went back to chunking. It didn’t take long, 2 casts to be exact, and I was back in the action. I made my way around the pond working the edges until I was back where I started. The temperature was heating up, but I was still getting quite a few fish so I decided to make one more quick trip around. With it getting warmer I thought it would go deeper. I tied on a ¾ oz. Spinner bate and it worked like a charm. I finished out the 3 ½ hour trip with 41 bass that I kept and there were more that I either lost at the boat or threw back. I know some of you are thinking that I should have thrown all of them back, but due to over population anything under 3 pounds we keep. I had an awesome time on the water, but on the way out the farm I saw another big thunder chicken so I think tomorrow I will be in the woods.
Attachments
007.JPG
007.JPG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
Crawfish
Crawfish
004.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 3391 times
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: A morning at the pond 4-20-11

Post by Gulf Coast »

When's the fish fry ? :D
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Thanks for the invite.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

Gulf Coast wrote:When's the fish fry ? :D
Sorry buddy, it is just me that eats fish at my house. I only kept a few and gave most of them to a family that needed them.

Barhopr, you are welcome. Next time maybe you will go. :lol:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

What a fishing report! With a population that large and biting like they were, I'm glad you didn't fall out of the boat! Nice looking mess of fish!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Sounds like ultralight heaven! Let me know if ya need help with those nasty turks...
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Very Nice!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THAT IS THE WAY THEY WERE BITING OVFR AT OUR PLA CE MON. NIGHT UNDER THE MOON.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO