"O" river 4-23-11

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

"O" river 4-23-11

Post by wevans »

Went after some Bass late this mornin "large mouth" and couldn't buy a bite :smt012 course by the time I got through catchin about a dozen of these girls :-D I had done missed the best fishin time for the green backs :thumbup: I kept these two :beer: :beer:

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: "O" river 4-23-11

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY MAN , I DIDN'T KNOW THE STRIPPERS WENT THAT FAR DOWN RIVER, THOSE ARE SOME NICE ONES. WHAT DID YOU USE FOR BAIT, WE USE A 3/4 OZ YELLOW JIG UP AT THE DAM IN CHATTAHOOCHEE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

BY THE WAY, WHATCHA DOIN DRIVING MY MERCURY . HA HA HA HA HA , I HAVE ONE JUST LIKE THE ONE IN THE PIC. IT HAS 287,000 ON IT AND THE ONLY THING I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE IS THE BATTERY, TWICE. GOOD TO SEE YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE IN VEHICLES.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Who says hybrids don't breed? :o
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I was throwing a 4" blue back X-Rap, reeling in as fast as I could turn the handle :thumbup: I've caught em in sight of the "O" bridge that goes over the bay before :o the biggest had an even bigger one follow him up to the boat "my 9" knife was barely long enough to fillet it" :beer:

PS: That's my ma-inlaws Lincoln in the background :-D I gots a Chevy :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

weavans them things good to eat i read they are and there not
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I like em alright, they wife loves em. I fry a few peices for me a little longer than for the girls and that makes it a little better "IMO". I will be trying them on the grill tomorrow and we'll see how that goes :thumbup: I have also found that I like em better when I cut em into 1" wide stripes before I fry em " the meat is just to soft for my likeing, but that's why the girls do like it", the flavor is pretty tasty though :beer: :beer:
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

thanks let me know how the grill dose
fly n fish

Post by fly n fish »

Them dudes pull good don't they? Good to know they are in the river.