Lake Seminole Questions

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ragansm1

Lake Seminole Questions

Post by ragansm1 »

Going to Seminole on April 29-30. Don'y know a lot about the lake except is real big. Fishing for bass. Any info about baits or spots would be really appreciated. Going out of Wingates.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Lake Seminole Questions

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

ASK OLD JACK WINGATE, HE WILL SET YOU WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO USE.
TELL JACK THE OLD MAN SENT YA.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I'll be fishing it 4-13 thru 17 and would love to have any info you garner on your trip :-D The last report I had was that the grass had died off :o if that's the case, I will have to change the way I normally fish it :smt012
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

wevans wrote:I'll be fishing it 4-13 thru 17...
Unless you're posting about a year in advance, think another cup of coffee is in order Wevans. :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

AWWW hell, make that 5-13 thru 17 :hammer: :hammer: :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Olebiker

Post by Olebiker »

I'm surprised Tin Can hasn't come along and posted a response. Everyone knows how much he LOVES that lake. :wink:
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

There are no fish in Seminole, try another lake. :smt077
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Olebiker wrote:I'm surprised Tin Can hasn't come along and posted a response. Everyone knows how much he LOVES that lake. :wink:
That's exactly why Tin Can hasn't posted. It would be fine with me if we never fished it again. :-?
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

A little old, but good info :thumbup:
http://www.seminolelodge.com/fishingreports.html

In years past, I have had good luck with the shad colored X-Rap doing a rip and stop action at the edge of the grass or a channel and a rattlin rogue "floater/diver" in the 2 to 3 foot range. Good luck and tight lines :beer: :beer:
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Not only are there not any fish in Lake Seminole, but there are no stumps either. You can run WOT. :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I might add that most of my fishing is done over around Spring Creek "we stay at the Spring Creek Park Resort" :-D The one time we stayed at Wingates, we caught most of our fish in the canals around the camp :smt004 and them stumps are like the Rock Garden rocks, they move around at night :o :smt005 :beer:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

SOOO, lets see that report :-D :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
ragansm1

Post by ragansm1 »

Great weekend for fishing. Fish early top water and when it gets hot find a sand bar in deeper water. There is a great grass bed when you leave Wingates just to the right out of the channel for early fishing. I used a buzz bait with a white spinner. (had to paint it) A total of 33 pounds won the tourn. Fished Sat. 5 hours and Sun 5 hours. Large worm carolina rigged in deep water. Find a colo you like. I also used a crome and black zara when it got bright.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

SWEETTTTT :thumbup: it's good to hear that the grass is there :thumbup: :thumbup: How did ya place?
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

A good place this time of year is around the islands at the mouth of the Hootch. Also, out in front of big Jim's. Whatever you do, don't throw a watermelon seed lizard.