help for bass fishing in iamonia

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

geib20

help for bass fishing in iamonia

Post by geib20 »

Need some help bass fishing on lake Iamonia... I see a lot of things out there........ and if I wanted to catch a crap load of bluegill I could.. but I want the bucket mouth... any tips on locating and what to use?... and I don't have a go devil so I can't fly across the lilies
RCS
Site Sponsor

Re: help for bass fishing in iamonia

Post by RCS »

Fish the pads and trails with frogs, buzzbaits, etc. early in the morning or late in the evening.
geib20

Post by geib20 »

That's what I've been doing... zoom frog... just getting greedy bluegill and crapppie trying to hit it... guess I'll keep trying... thanks.. must just be a operational error on my part..lol
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

USE A BIG BUZZ BATE AND REEL IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN AHEAD OF THE BOAT AS YOU EASE UP THE BOAT TRAILS, THEY SEEM TO LIKE THE CHARTURUSE COLOR BEST. EARLY MORNIN OR ON MOONLITE NIGHTS, JUST WATCH OUT FOR THOSE HUGE GATORS THAT ARE OUT THERE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
geib20

Post by geib20 »

**update***

thanks for the advice, think the 3rd time was a charm fishing out there....

went saturday and monday am to iamonia...

Saturday, went with a buddy of mine and we cruised over the lillies to find pockets of open water....we combined for 20-30 bass....nothing big all under 2 lbs...but fun, and 1 big ass mudfish, probably 5-7 lbs easy. I was just dancing a worm on topwater...my buddy was doing the same, but also was throwing a chatterbait

today, i went back with my son, didnt go crazy bught caught 5 or 6 nice little bass and 1 over 3 lbs....dancing a worm on top water again

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

SWEET, gotta love a smile like that :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”