miccosukee bluegill?

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

itiger

miccosukee bluegill?

Post by itiger »

I have been fishing in lake miccosukee since last spring and caught bass, specs, may flier, gar, chain pickerel, bow fin, catfish. But I have never caught a decent bluegill. I've seen people caught big ones. They were said to be plenty in this lake. I tried cricket/worms under cork, worms on the bottom but got no luck. What am i doing wrong? where to find them?

Thanks, your advice is appreciated.
Born to fish, forced to work!
RCS
Site Sponsor

Re: miccosukee bluegill?

Post by RCS »

itiger, I went yesterday with a buddy and caught a few back in the gator holes. They were hitting crickets and worms under a bobber. I'll be going back after them again on 'sukee or Iamonia again tonight...I'll let you know how it goes.
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

itiger...ended up fishing Iamonia yesterday. No bluegills, but came out with 10 fliers, 2 specs and a warmouth.
itiger

Post by itiger »

Hi RCS, thanks for your info. The water level in sukee is so low and the gator hole is hard to access. I tried once a few weeks back (from Reeves landing) and gave up right away. too much grass...
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

What are you running? I run a mud motor, but the area I was catching them in earlier in the week was accessible with an outboard...2 other boats (both with outboards) were fishing the same pocket. As long as you stick to the trail until you get back there, you shouldn't have any problems.
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

They are out there, you just have to find them. Circkets under a small cork. Fish 3-4 days either side of a full or new moon and they will be on bed. ease around until you smell'um and then start fish'n.

Don't major in the minor stuff in life
itiger

Post by itiger »

RCS wrote:What are you running? I run a mud motor, but the area I was catching them in earlier in the week was accessible with an outboard...2 other boats (both with outboards) were fishing the same pocket. As long as you stick to the trail until you get back there, you shouldn't have any problems.
i run a 9.9hp outboard on a gheenoe. not very confident ...
itiger

Post by itiger »

micci_man wrote:They are out there, you just have to find them. Circkets under a small cork. Fish 3-4 days either side of a full or new moon and they will be on bed. ease around until you smell'um and then start fish'n.

this is what I am after... :lick: :lick:

SMELL? how? :roll: :roll: