Anyone been on the Ecofina for bass?

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishHead91

Anyone been on the Ecofina for bass?

Post by FishHead91 »

Drove over the ecofina today, headed towards Perry, and noticed the river looked a lil thin.
Thinkin about putting my 10 ft canoe in there and trying to find a bass upriver.
Anyone have an up to date report or tips?
Fishin closer to 98 or go down into the park?

Never fished the river before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone been on the Ecofina for bass?

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You can catch bass the entire length of the Ecky.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
FishHead91

Post by FishHead91 »

Thinkin I may just have to check it out tommorow!
If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.
FishHead91

Post by FishHead91 »

Terrible report!! Put in right at 98. Wind wasnt bad down in the river. but there was No water, lots of tires. A dead oppossum in the water. and no water movement! Slimey nasty water. Need some rain to flush that mess. No Fish.
Nice paddlin trip...
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Put in at the Park ramp and go up river.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
FishHead91

Post by FishHead91 »

Will do next go round!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I checked the gage there and it says that there is less than a foot and a half of water right now :o :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Yeah, you'll wanna put in down river and paddle up while the water's this low. About 4 miles up from the ramp, you'll hit the old mill pond if you don't run out of water first. Should be deep enough to support a few bass in there even when the water's low.
It's only 2 miles to get to it from the 98 bridge, but there might not be enough water right now.
I mapped a length of that river from Hwy 98 about half way to the park for a surveying company I used to work for about 5 years ago when it was dry. We literally walked the riverbed from the 98 bridge to the mill ponds without getting our feet wet.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
FishHead91

Post by FishHead91 »

I put in at 98, and went down river maybe a mile, had to get out of the boat more than 10 times no climb logs, and rocks. There was no water movement. Never got deeper than 3 feet. Next time around, I'll definately be puttin in down river an goin up!