Lake Jackson 5-6-2012

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Lake Jackson 5-6-2012

Post by CoastalPirate »

Got on Jackson from Crowder Rd around 7 am. Estimated Water temp 75. Partly sunny. Water depth was extremely skinny..im talking 2 feet at launch, 3 feet in the middle and about 5 in some canals around Miller's Landing. Weeds everywhere....but so are the fish.Caught majority of bass off of weed edges around Miller's landing. Hooked up around 8 and continued till 12. I ended up with 7 bass and 1 bowfish, friend left with 4 bass heaviest in the boat was 2lb plus. In boat 2, friends caught 10 bass total 3lb plus being the heaviest. Was probably one of the best days of fishing since I started consistently 3 years ago! :beer: :beer:
Baits used: Zoom Magnum Watermelon Trick Worm, Zoom 12" Ol Monster California 420, Zoom Red/Black Core Trick Worm, Bass Pro Flippin Bug, Zoom Green Pumpkin Magnum U-V Worm & Red Shad colored Ribbon Tail worm [not shown]. Red= hooked fish. Zoom Green Pumpkin Magnum U-V Worm caught the majority.
Rig: Texas Rig, Weightless
Ain't nothing but a thang chicken wang...first fish of the day.
2lb plus...you have to realize that not until this year have i actually caught a lot of fish...so 2lb is a lot to me!
Bowfish netted...3lb of teeth.
Kyle with his 2lb bass. Exactly 2lb.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
J Holden

Re: Lake Jackson 5-6-2012

Post by J Holden »

Nice fish! My dad and I launched out of the same spot yesterday at daylight. Threw buzzbaits, had 4-5 strikes but no hookups. Switched to plugs and landed 13-14 fish up to 2.5lb in the next few hours on those shallow grass beds. Place is ate up with nice healthy looking bass right now. Surprising amount of fish in 1-1.5' of water
bman

Post by bman »

Sweet! I have heard the bass are tearing it up out there!

You didn't lip the bowfin? :lol:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Nice report bro!
Team Jolly Mon
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Careful, I hear those Tallahassee PETA people are now claiming that fishing is cruel to fish.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice report, I went yesterday after work from 6pm to 8 and caught 5 weighting up to 3lb as well. Water level is very low pretty much have to rely on trolling motor to get you around. Most of my fish came off of a red watermelon stick worm with small weight and dead sticking it around deeper water(when ya can find it) and 1 on a spro frog. Was a great little short trip on the water until I had to load the boat back on the trailer by myself when the trailer is never under the water
jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Post by jadams92002 »

Nice report! I have wanted to fish Jackson for a while now but just never have. Sounds like they are biting pretty good.