Killearn area ponds

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cody0707

Killearn area ponds

Post by cody0707 »

I went out to a pond today off Pimlico in the Killearn area. I was mainly out to learn how to use a baitcaster more so then to actually catch fish. I got out to the water about 8:00am. It was overcast and a comfortable tempature. I started out throwing a buzz bait. I used the strike king tri blade buzz bait. This bait is awesome if you have never trown it before. It can be fished very slow and still stay ontop of the water. I ended up catching 2 off the buzz bait.

I then switched to a Texas Rigged Berkley Power Worm. I caught 1 using this bait. I was not able to get a picture as I dropped my phone in the water trying to do so. Good thing I have a Droid Razr and it is water resistant so it still works just fine.

I then decided to to try some other bodies of water around Killearn. I wanted to fish Lake Killearn but the water is to low and would require some walking to find a patch of water worth fishing. I decided I would go to AJ Henry Park. I threw just about everything and wasn't having to much luck. I then put on a 5" Senko and threw it next to a underwater branch. I must have jigged the bait in the same spot for about 5 min before I hooked onto the biggest fish for the day. It was only 1.5lb but was a fun fight.

On my next Sunday off, in another week I plan on going and putting in a canoe at AJ Henry and fishing the tree line. Not sure how well that area holds fish but I would love to find out. All in all it was a fun day. Any day you can catch fish on bodies of water you have never fished before is a good day.
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Killearn area ponds

Post by CoastalPirate »

Have been wanting to try out AJ Henry... All these years I thought it was just a nasty retention pond. Glad to see there are some bass in there! :beer: :beer:
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
kenfly

Re: Killearn area ponds

Post by kenfly »

Nice, I use to love just stoping at a pond and fishing and sometimes will would be amazed at what you could catch out of some little pond