Wacissa

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

J Holden

Wacissa

Post by J Holden »

Grabbed the kayak yesterday and put in at Calico Landing for a few hours of fishing.. Colder than Hillary Clinton's heart and blowing 20+ mph the whole day. Headed a few miles up river using a Zoom Uvibe speed worm and a buzzbait, working the grass clumps and cover. Zilch, two hits that were probably big river bream. Of the 5 hours or so I spent on the water I did not see a SINGLE adult fish of any kind. Didn't see the first bream and the only bass I spotted were 4-6 inches long. Water was clear as glass. Place looked barren. Imagine that weather had something to do with it.. I've heard there is some good fishing to be had, anyone fished there recently?
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Wacissa

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

J, YOU RELATED TO BOB HOLDEN, HE IS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
G3Tales

Re: Wacissa

Post by G3Tales »

we were down by the damn last saturday put 20 something stump knockers in the boat saw several good bass gunna give them a try soon as i can get someone on here to replace my darn trollin motor they broke! NEED NEW RIPTIDE