Lake Iamonia & Miccosukee water levels

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Welby
Site Sponsor

Lake Iamonia & Miccosukee water levels

Post by Welby »

anyone have any updates with the rain we have had ?
Last edited by Welby on February 26th, 2013, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCS
Site Sponsor

Re: iamonia water level

Post by RCS »

I don't know about Iamonia, but I know Miccossukee is back up...almost full in fact. I just hope they don't drain it again. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Iamonia at full pool from all of this rain.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

About 8.5 inches here in Lee.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
bbb

Post by bbb »

RCS wrote:I don't know about Iamonia, but I know Miccossukee is back up...almost full in fact. I just hope they don't drain it again. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Iamonia at full pool from all of this rain.
According to Tommy, FWC still has both drains open. Stupid if you ask me. They said they would close the drain with a big rain event. They didn't on the first one. They better this time. Might take another 12 months to get rain like this.

I took these this morning.

Water coming under Meridian going into Iamonia

Ramp at Bull Headley

Still a ways to go(3-4' or so), but I'm sure it will continue to receive water for the next 3-4 days.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Yeah, The river doesn't crest until Wednesday night. They closed Hwy. 12 around lunchtime today.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... gage=conf1
bbb

Post by bbb »

Edit. Tommy was told by another guy, that the pipe at hwy 90 was closed. :thumbup:

Maybe FWC finally gave up on trying to mess with mother nature.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Lake Iamonia & Miccosukee Water levels

Post by Welby »

Thanks for the info. Please keep us updated on the Water levels at both Lake Iamonia & Miccosukee. It's great to hear they may both actually have water in them. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Iamonia & Miccosukee water levels

Post by Redbelly »

That would be great if both lakes got back up!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
skitterwalk

Post by skitterwalk »

I was at iamonia not to long ago and it was a puddle...idk what it looks like after the rain but your still probably goin to be parking on the river bottom.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

Iamonia (my back yard) has seen a significant amount of water since the large amount of rain we had over the last few days. As skitterwalk said, it used to be a puddle and now it has quite a bit of water. It should continue to rise with all of the water coming down from Georgia on the Ochlockonee. I passed the dam on highway 20 today and they had at least 7 gates open, it was definitely rolling out. They are definitely anticipating a large amount of water coming out of Georgia on the upper Ochlockonee which will in turn help Iamonia via the floodplain connected from meridian road. FYI: As far a Miccosukee goes, the gate at highway 90 has been closed and gate on the north end (elys landing) has been closed as well. The work plan implemented by FWC was to get as much burning and muck removal done as possible with intent to close the gates March 1 and see if the water levels would rise due to spring rains. I know for a fact that both gates have been closed and this was done before the "official" set closing date in anticipation of the big rain we had over the weekend. They closed the gates with the public’s best interest at hand.
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

So glad to here these two are getting the water they need, was on lake Jackson Sunday and it was receiving much needed water as well
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

After work today I decided to take a 5 minute detour from the house and check out the ochlockonee river floodplain and see how she looked. All I can say is wow! It literally looked like a class 2 rapid flowing straight into Lake Iamonia! After taking a couple of pictures I went down to the ramp at the end of bull headley and it had appeared to fill even more as compared to bbb's pics yesterday! I am happy to say it looks like Lake Iamonia is back in business! There were even 9 empty boat trailers parked at the ramp!
A view upstream of the ochlockonee...
A view downstream flowing into Iamonia
A view of lake Iamonia from the ramp at bull headley
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
bman

Post by bman »

This was the view at the Highway 12 fish camp...
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
bbb

Post by bbb »

A few from the airboat guys yesterday.

RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

bman wrote:This was the view at the Highway 12 fish camp...
Wow...if that's the view from the fish camp, it looks like the lake may exceed full pool (if it hasn't already). It amazes me how fast these lakes can go from being bone dry to full.