Lake Iamonia

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

nolegolferpimp

Lake Iamonia

Post by nolegolferpimp »

I've been out the last 2 days on the lake. I marked 700 holes on my navionics and wanted to verify them. The water is overflowed to the roundabout and its a little hard to find the ramp at Bull Headley. Theres a lot of debris in the water and its difficult getting accurate readings on most of the lake. The northern portion showed fish stacked in the 20ft depth areas, and I saw fish hitting here and there on the northern side where the water is cleaner and warmer. Gonna maybe go out there again tomorrow and drop some live minnows in the deep areas and see what I can find biting. I saw some big fish hitting by the Bull Headley boat channel last week as it was filling. Does anyone know what the fishing was like when it filled up in 2008?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Iamonia

Post by GaryDroze »

You marked 700 holes? Even sober, I cannot wrap my mind around that.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

C'mon Gary, don't you know any "Donkey" should be able wrap their mind around that...jeez! :-D
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Terrible fishing in 08' don't waste your time.
nolegolferpimp

Post by nolegolferpimp »

yeah there's a lot of depressions out there. Most of them are only a 3 ft drop.
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

700 holes? I find that very hard to believe unless you count every little indentation in the bottom as a "hole".
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

I take it you weren't in the boat that you are standing on when you marked those holes on Iamonia ? I have never seen that boat around here, in town or on the flats.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

My guess is that he wasn't on any boat when he marked the holes :o A wise man would WALK around and mark any and all structures or relief that he found, while the water was down :-D :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
nolegolferpimp

Post by nolegolferpimp »

I'm not gonna give my method away just yet, but I was NOT on a boat when I marked out all the depressions. It took me about 4 hours, but the depressions are dead on balls accurate. I drove over and verified about 10 to be true and correct. Most of the depressions were only about 3 ft deeper than the surrounding area. I probably wont be using all of these for awhile since the lake just filled up. I also did the same for Lake talquin, I marked about 500 spots, privately and publicly marked about 10 spots on Navionics. Most of these are known (ie big hole on the iron curtain) The publicly marked spots are areas of deep water, directly next to shallow water, and they have a steep drop off. I verified excellent marks on these spots a night ago. They were full of bait clouds. As I begin verfying whats in a lot of these holes, Ill publicly mark them if they produce. Good luck