Lake Jackson

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rainman
Site Sponsor

Lake Jackson

Post by Rainman »

Is there enough water to drop my 20ft bay boat in this afternoon? It's light and drafts under a foot... If so what ramp?
bman

Re: Lake Jackson

Post by bman »

Maybe... if you back your truck way out at the 27 ramp.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Thanks Barry. From looking at Google Maps that looks like a dirt ramp, is that right? I don't have 4x4 on the truck... What about this place Shuckers on the North side? map shows a number of boats in that channel, they have good access?
topheavy

Post by topheavy »

Yes, but there hasn't been enough water to launch a boat from there in years. I drove by yesterday and water was nowhere near high enough. There were several trucks and trailers at the HWY 27 ramp heading back into town.
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Thanks for the info! I just got a new fish finder on the bay boat and wanted to play around with it, I'll just wait and hit St Marks tomorrow. I do have a jon boat that I can put in anywhere so I'll just take that this evening.
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

why not run out to Iamonia?
850-273-8818
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Iamonia has PLENTY of water. Been launching my 2400CC Century there the past couple of weekends. You can run to the North side and grab a beer at K & K Fish Camp as a bonus. :beer: :thumbup:
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

captkeyser wrote:Iamonia has PLENTY of water. Been launching my 2400CC Century there the past couple of weekends. You can run to the North side and grab a beer at K & K Fish Camp as a bonus. :beer: :thumbup:
I wondered about this. I was told there was a bunch of submersed floating vegetation...good to know a normal outboard cad run freely. Thanks Cap :beer:
Stay Thirsty My Friends