Bream at Lake Seminole- remembering how fun it is!

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Bream at Lake Seminole- remembering how fun it is!

Post by bman »

Had some friends offer their lake house on Lake Seminole for the weekend. Its on Fishpond drain a mile or so off the main lake.
This was a family trip so fishing was secondary. I brought a couple of ultralights and my little girls zebco with hopes of some little bream off the dock.
The day before my oldest and I dug some worms in the back yard and I told her we were going to catch some fish.
She has been asking about going but at two years old the attention span is not that long ;-)
fishing off the dock was the perfect thing. She could play with worms, look in the water or just sit and talk.
She got really excited when the bobber went under and we had our first fish1
And it wasn't long and we had a bunch of little ones swimming around in the cooler.
cooler 1 (1).JPG
She was having a blast playing with them. We would catch four or five and them let them go.
cooler2.JPG
These "fishing trips" lasted 15-20 min and then we were back in the yard kicking balls, picking flowers or having a snack with Mamma.

After she was satisfied I tied on a black and white beetle spinn to see if I could coax out anything else.
You guys saw the photo of the pearch.
I also caught a pickerel
pike.JPG
And then I got into the nice bream... I forgot how hard a good bream pulls on a light rig!
paited bream2.JPG
Here are the keepers from the morning- the two little one swallowed the hook so they are going in the grease.
catch (1) - Copy.JPG
Finished out the trip with a nice mess...
sink.JPG
And a happy fishing partner!
showing off.JPG
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Bream at Lake Seminole- remembering how fun it is!

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Awesome report my friend. You've got your priorities right and it shows!
Team Jolly Mon
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I grew up going to Seminole. We stayed in the cabins at the state park regularly. Bream fishing was a hoot on that lake. We went out to the banks of the Flint a lot and shook the may flies off the trees and usually got enough for several fish fries. I learned to fly fish doing this. Bream cleaned straight out of the livewell and then put in the hot grease sure are one of life's great pleasures.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for sharing. Nothing could be better!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

looks like a blast! Nice fish too, though I'm certain the bonding was better than the fishing :)
850-273-8818
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup: