Lake Iamonia 5/25

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Iamonia 5/25

Post by Poopong McPlop »

After leaving Carr lake, I headed over to Iamonia to check it out since it first filled. I expected it to be a PITA to launch like it was a couple months ago, but to my surprise the county had installed a new floating dock similar to Williams and Coe landing at Talquin and the flood waters had receded about 4 feet so the boat ramp was visible again. I ran the boat trail until I hit the north east end of the lake where it opens up. The lake really looked gorgeous with the lily pads everywhere and almost no houses in sight. I planned on setting out about 10 bush hooks, but I couldnt find anything to tie them to. Ill probably set out some anchored jug lines the next time I go out. Since I couldnt bush hook, I slow trolled some minnows and 2 lures behind the boat along the lily pads and jigged, but didnt get even one legitimate bite. I did see some great looking marks here and there, but I continued trolling on to read as much of the bottom as I could before it got dark. FWC was conducting safety checks, and he said no one had any fish as far as he knew. Surface temps peaked at about 88, and all fish were suspending a few feet off the bottom and bait was suspending about 5 ft off the bottom. All good sonar marks were read about 0-20ft off the lily pad edge with better marks on the points, very tight to the edge, the shade, nooks in the pad edge and where there was brush mixed with the pads. There were great marks at the drops/rises in the 20ft area of the lake. I cant wait for the lake to rebound, its right around the corner from my house. I hear this lake can put out a lot of fish when it stays consistently filled.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Iamonia 5/25

Post by Redbelly »

I have had good trips there in the past.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc