Piney Z 6/7/13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Piney Z 6/7/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

Decided to bank fish today. It looked like some of the bank fishers got the idea of dropping a jon in Piney Z because we saw two out on the water on friday afternoon. We took the mile walk to the Piney Z, lower Lake laffayette dike and fished from the benches over there. There are way more fish on the east side of Piney Z we found out. We caught several hand size brim, fishing 20ft off the edge in 6 ft of water. We had multiple rod and reels and we bobbed and tightlined. First fish of the day was a huge 1.5lb Shell cracker. We thought he was a small bass at first. Boy those shell crackers sure can fight. He was caught off of a walmart pond worm tightlined just offshore. Another great day at the Z. Image
bman

Re: Piney Z 6/7/13

Post by bman »

Nice fish! Lots of those shellcrackers at Talquin too...
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

I know, theyre really really hard to find unless theyre bedding on the full moon. I need to check out more open water drop offs, and structure to find them consistently during the day at talquin. The problem with Talquin is there is too much good structure all over that lake. I think I know what offshore structure this big one came from at the Z and I'm going to check it out next time I drop the boat in Piney Z this week.
WildMan

Post by WildMan »

Nice catch! I've caught a few blue gill at Piney Z but have never found a bed. Mainly, just catch them randomly fishing a Bitsy Minnow.