Lake Talquin (Williams Landing) 6/29/13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Talquin (Williams Landing) 6/29/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

We arrived at the dock at 9am. It was cloudy and drizzling rain. I cast netted for shad for cut bait but all I caught was BG and spotted sunfish. We tried the cove without much luck and went around the williams point to fish the calm shoreline there with zero luck. At 11 we moved to fish a main lake hump near the channel but only managed a bass. Next we headed to little river, and managed a few BG on some deepwater structure. We had no bottom reader so we were forced to drift fish the little river channel out near the main lake. We found some BG on a shallow point, and a good channel cat. At 5 a major storm came through from the dam area. It was dumping buckets and we were able to outrun it on the mainlake but it caught up as I turned into the williams cove. At 6 it let up and we had to trailer the boat to dump out 100+ gallons of water that accumulated from the storm. On a tip we headed to goat island to search for shellcrackers. We got one decent one and our best fish of the day a nice 1/2 lb Warmouth. We ran out of time before really getting to explore the area but it looks to have a lot of promise based on my top charts. Theres a few sand bars that I cant wait to explore next time after my bottom reader dries. Overall it was a very slow day. We only caught about 8 bream, 3 channel cats, and a bass. Another slow summer day at Talquin.

Last edited by Poopong McPlop on July 2nd, 2013, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Talquin (Williams Landing) 6/29/13

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the post! That sure is a nice bass you are holding.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Would love to catch those kind of bass all day :)
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

Its easy, find the big BG and there's usually a bass or two nearby.