Piney Z lake

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mr Gheenoe

Piney Z lake

Post by Mr Gheenoe »

I am interested in fishing Piney Z. I have a Gheenoe hisider I fish out of. Are there any boat landings on this lake.
flintrock

Re: Piney Z lake

Post by flintrock »

There is one..........hand launch only........no trailers allowed. You must carry your boat about 100 or so feet from the parking lot down a hill and out on a finger to a sand/gravel area .......paddles or elecric motors only.
Mr Gheenoe

Post by Mr Gheenoe »

Thanks Flintrock, looks like I will be using my kayak. Where is that landing located.
flintrock

Post by flintrock »

There is a dirt parking lot midway around the circular drive. You will see a closed gate leading to the trail to the launch area and the hiking/biking trails. There's big sign with fishing regulations/map/etc. You park there and unload your boat and carry it to the launch area. I fish from a canoe and from a jon boat. I have carts for both that make the job a little easier than dragging down and back up to your vehicle.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Launching is the easy part. It's downhill. Up the hill on the return trip is the hard part.
Topdog13

Post by Topdog13 »

Great place it fish at easy to get to and so many places to cover i know of numerous 8-12 pounders that have been caught. My biggest is a 7 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Topdog13 realllllly......care to share? Haha just kidding. Demon is right. The only reason I have been fishing the fingers lately is because I've grown tired of lugging the boat, battery and all other necessary equipment up the hill.

The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
Topdog13

Post by Topdog13 »

I have pretty much the same setup as you with the boat. I just like being able to get to the other side of the lake where you dont get as many people all the kayakers and all stay on that side of the lake. There are lots of good fish to be caught right along the bank
Last edited by Topdog13 on July 15th, 2014, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topdog13

Post by Topdog13 »

I hit up the lake right after work some days also when i bring my rods with me and have caught many good fish that way
Last edited by Topdog13 on July 15th, 2014, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Topdog I'll have to try the trees out again. Every time I have hit the cypress trees I've come out with little luck...meaning I've caught only one fish there. But I've heard fish stories of 9lbers being caught in that area.

The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
Topdog13

Piney Z lake

Post by Topdog13 »

Good luck to yah
cotton

Post by cotton »

Just a reminder to everyone who hasn't fished PZ. Please read the regulations on the signs before you go fishing.
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

The trees are very hit or miss. There are not too many fish around them but what you will find can be big. Weve bagged some of our largest bull gills by the cypress stands, and some of our 4-5lb bass there too. Lots of bait hang around there especially when the sun is out. One tree in particular is a spawning bed for blue gills on the full and new moons. We generally run baits through there fast and move on. The bass are generally in tight to the shore even during the day, the big ones move onto points, and other ambush spots at the end of the day and early morning.