Piney Z 3-30-2014

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Piney Z 3-30-2014

Post by CoastalPirate »

The family and I had plans to hit Mashes Sands today but was awakened at 8am by a series of photo texts from my friend Ryan who was slaying bass at Piney Z. The weather app showed 14mph NNW wind and my wife and I decided it best that I hit Piney Z rather than take the kids on a miserable, cold beach trip. We did make it up to them by picnicking at Cascades Park. I ran out the door at 9 with high hopes of slaying the green whale and caught nothing...however my friend ended the day with 4 bass ( 1lb, 2lb, 3lb, and 4.14lb). 2 were caught on the land bridge with a Texas rigged red flaked fluke and the 4lb and 1lb were caught on finger 7 with a Carolina rigged watermelon red flaked senko (see photo). Another buddy of mine was out there also and landed a nice bass but lacked a scale (bottom photo).
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
crappielimits

Re: Piney Z 3-30-2014

Post by crappielimits »

Thank you for your post! Great pictures!
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

Very nice! I fished fingers 1-4 yesterday with almost everything I have in my tackle box and couldn't get them to bite. You must have the secret touch.
Topdog13

Post by Topdog13 »

Was planning on going that morning but got there and was just too cold and windy. I just wasn't that committed but those are some nice ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

ontiltttttt wrote:Very nice! I fished fingers 1-4 yesterday with almost everything I have in my tackle box and couldn't get them to bite. You must have the secret touch.
that means the fish probably werent there when you were.