Talquin report

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

drucker

Talquin report

Post by drucker »

We got over to LTL Friday afternoon and fished until lunch yesterday. We fished from Boy Scout to Rocky Comfort. We caught about 25 specs and most of them were in 8-14ft of water. I did catch a few that were in 4-6ft of water that still had eggs in them. We caught around 20 shellcracker and bream and most of them came from 2-6ft of water. We found a hole of war mouths that were good size and caught 45 in about 2 hours. We caught a few nice cats but never really found a hole with them. Next time I go I will bait them the night before I fish for them.

It was my parents first time going to the lake and they loved it. My grandpa went one time about 40 years ago. They all said they had never been to a place with that many nice people in one place. They said they would like to go back in a couple months.
Poopong McPlop

Re: Talquin report

Post by Poopong McPlop »

Good report, did you troll minnows or multi jigs along the creek channel ledge? Any size to those shell crackers?
drucker

Post by drucker »

I was trolling minnows. Not much size on the shellcrackers but the warmouths were decent.
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

drucker wrote:I was trolling minnows. Not much size on the shellcrackers but the warmouths were decent.
ok, thats what i thought! I thought I was the only one catching those tiny ass crackers. Cant wait for the big ones to move up. I'm thinking new moon of May.