What these boards are all about!

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

crappielimits

What these boards are all about!

Post by crappielimits »

Had the distinct pleasure of fishing with Pooplong Mcplop yesterday. He his a great guy and good fisherman. I truly enjoyed sharing fishing stories with him and we enjoyed a good day of fishing. I am very confident each of us learned something from the other. That's what fishing and these sites should be about sharing knowledge and enjoying Gods gift to us.

We got a late and fairly warm start, but otherwise had great conditions. It was around 8 before we hit our first hole after talking electronics on the main lake and scouting for crappie. We found scattered bluegill and caught maybe 35 and not a single small one. He caught the biggest and it was probably between 1.25 to 1.5. We released all as it was more of a meet and greet. We were off the water about 10:45 and talked past 12 under the shade at the boat sharing tips. Sorry no pictures as my partner laid his tablet in the motor bilge and had to let it dry out and my phone was going dead.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: What these boards are all about!

Post by SS-342 »

[quote="crappielimits"] That's what fishing and these sites should be about sharing knowledge and enjoying Gods gift to us.

Amen to that!

Thanks for the good report, inspiring and encouraging words.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Fellas, that sounds like "What I'm hoping to find". I've shared some advice/info with several fellas on this forum. All of that comes from 40+ yrs of learning "The DOs and DON'Ts" of boats, electronics, & fishing; both inshore and offshore. I've even shared some numbers. Having fished many areas, I have used a LORAN/GPS computer program for 18yrs.

I'm not a tournament fisherman. I simply hate all the rules/regs and the rush, rush, rush to get back on time. All of that is way to competitive for me...... at 63. I don't care who catches what..... as long as someones having fun and hopefully catching something! The bigger the better!!! :lol: It's simply about making some new friends and "Makin Memories".

Any way, I've chatted with several fellas, gave them my phone number, offered to pay $50-100 towards anything we get into. Everyone says "I'll give you a call next week, next month, etc"....... but no one does.

At least I can drive 210 miles to Steinhatchee, 4-5 times a year, and still catch up with one old friend over there. When we moved to this rural area (outside Marianna) I never figured it would be so difficult to find a couple of "new fisherman". I thought with all the coastline from Panacea to Port St Joe; I would find someone. Heck, these days, I can go fishing about any day of the week. Once, maybe even twice a week, would be great!! Steinhatchee is always a 2-3 night trip for me.

Crappielimits, I follow your posts. I'm glad you fellas "Had a good day on the water'. Sounds like there will more.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY I FISH TOO, I MIGHT BE ABEL TO TAKE YA DOWN TO THE COAST AFTER JULY 9TH. HAVE SEVERAL FUNERALS AND A 4TH OF JULY FAMILY REUNION TO GO TO THEN I WILL BE ABLE TO GO JUST ABOUT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. I DO NOT GO TO THE COAST ON SAT. OR SUN. JUST TOO MANY IDIOTS WITH BOAT OUT ON THOSE DAYS. SEND ME A E-MAIL, MY ADDRESS IS (FUTCHCAIRO@WINDSTREAM.NET) WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEET UP AND GO CATCH SOME FISH.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Futch, thanks so much. Running errands today. I'll shoot ya an email.

"Dittos" on Sat/Sun and idiots. You read my mind. My wife will be glad to get me out of the house!! She's found some gardening gals through Master Gardener Program. I've had about enough of digging holes, building potting tables, and repairing sprinkler heads & timers...... just getting into "anything fishy" will help.
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

I avoid Saturdays as much as possible. Especially on the flats. I will be glad to take you anytime we are both free Ifishtoo. I usually do quick trips around the weather this time of year. Starting in September I plan day trips. Though, I been thinking about trying to get to Econfina for a trout and rock bass day.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Solid report, Thanks for posting
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Ifishtoo wrote:Fellas, that sounds like "What I'm hoping to find". I've shared some advice/info with several fellas on this forum. All of that comes from 40+ yrs of learning "The DOs and DON'Ts" of boats, electronics, & fishing; both inshore and offshore. I've even shared some numbers. Having fished many areas, I have used a LORAN/GPS computer program for 18yrs.

I'm not a tournament fisherman. I simply hate all the rules/regs and the rush, rush, rush to get back on time. All of that is way to competitive for me...... at 63. I don't care who catches what..... as long as someones having fun and hopefully catching something! The bigger the better!!! :lol: It's simply about making some new friends and "Makin Memories".

Any way, I've chatted with several fellas, gave them my phone number, offered to pay $50-100 towards anything we get into. Everyone says "I'll give you a call next week, next month, etc"....... but no one does.

At least I can drive 210 miles to Steinhatchee, 4-5 times a year, and still catch up with one old friend over there. When we moved to this rural area (outside Marianna) I never figured it would be so difficult to find a couple of "new fisherman". I thought with all the coastline from Panacea to Port St Joe; I would find someone. Heck, these days, I can go fishing about any day of the week. Once, maybe even twice a week, would be great!! Steinhatchee is always a 2-3 night trip for me.

Crappielimits, I follow your posts. I'm glad you fellas "Had a good day on the water'. Sounds like there will more.

Ifish, have you considered getting a kayak or canoe so you could go out without having to depend on someone else? I know it is more fun to fish w friends, but it is also nice to be able to make a quick solo trip when the opportunity arises
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Thanks for the kayak input. I've had both low back & neck surgery........ I just ain't the fella I used to be. I'm worried I would tip the darn thing over. Also, getting in and out would be a tough. It does sound like a QUIET way to "get away" from the crowd.

I do enjoy sitting on a quiet beach, surf fishing..... but again, you have to transport yourself and all your gear across the dune and down to the beach. I bought a decent "surf fishing cart" (just like the Old Farts pulled, back when I was 30) now, I've become one!!!

With summer into full swing, the only time you can find a quiet beach is an hour or two after daylight and then, after dark.

As I get older, I hate to see, when I or my old friends loose their health; even the desire to "try" to go fishing. These days, I've still got the desire, but it's often better to share "makin some memories" with another fella who enjoys fishin. These days, seems those kind of fellas are harder to find, than that "Quiet Beach".

Offshore, I could also teach a younger fella a little bit....... from 40yrs of experience with "When, Where, & How".

Perhaps, I should give golf a try? :lol: