lake iamonia gators

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

grd08c

lake iamonia gators

Post by grd08c »

Hey guys. This is nota fishing report. I am still trying to fill one of my gator tags. We have killed three good ones. But I am having trouble getting near anything of some size and have not been on the lake in a few weeks. Any body out there fishing have any advise/ seen any decent sized gators? Anything would be appreciated. basically the end of the season now and wondering if it is even worth going back out after em. thanks guys
bbb

Re: lake iamonia gators

Post by bbb »

We hunted last week. Ended up taking an 8' around 11pm. Most everything we saw on the shorelines were 4-6. Might be some bigger ones moving to open water after dark but everything in open water was going down as soon as they saw light.
grd08c

Re: lake iamonia gators

Post by grd08c »

We went last night. Same thing as you lots of smaller gators and everything was very skittish. As soon as the light went on them they went under. At least we got a few good ones early in the season. Not worth going back out after hearing other reports and what we saw yesterday.
bbb

lake iamonia gators

Post by bbb »

Dont waste a paid for tag. Go stick a 6'er or something.