Suwannee bass

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kikstand454

Re: Suwannee bass

Post by kikstand454 »

I always did really well on the wakulla at dusk with a spinnerbait. North of the 98 bridge, anywhere current was on wood.
they bed deeper than largemouth on average, in the eel grass about 4ft. Now's the time to see them on beds. They will often be on a bed with a similar sized largemouth.

Edit: wow man! That's a toad there!! !
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Fishing with live crawfish should almost be illegal :-D We sight fished Saturday afternoon and picked up 10 nice ones. 13-16.5"

Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Jon Boat

Post by Jon Boat »

Do y'all think they would also be in the new and crooked rivers since they are connected to the ochlockonee?
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

I guess it's possible but I really don't' know. Way back when I think they were only in the Santa Fe but over time have spread to other rivers that are connected in some way. It would be easy to tell if they were if the rivers were clear water and you could see them.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life