Southern Bass Tournament

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Southern Bass Tournament

Post by Chalk »

Fished the Southern Bass Anglers club tournament the other weekend out of Whitecity ICW. Fished out of my old boat - Big O bass boat - with my friend Hays. Ended up running about 65 miles up river to our first fishing spot. Caught 9 good spotted bass in about 10 minutes - I couldn't finish my limit of spots to save my life, after I caught 4 in six casts :hammer: Went to the largemouth spots after that and grinded the day trying to get a kicker fish. Ended up catching two largemouth. I ended up in seventh position with 12.20lbs. Hays got second with 15.20 in the front of the boat (I netted all of his fish :lol: ) and his dad won with 16.82.

Fun chasing the old green backs - change of pace from the saltwater grind...fun day.

Caught the fish on deep diving crankbaits and zoom worms.

Some pics - http://www.aroundthetournamenttrail.com ... GLERS.html
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Southern Bass Tournament

Post by tin can »

It's addictive. :-D
What was I supposed to do today?
kikstand454

Re: Southern Bass Tournament

Post by kikstand454 »

Wtg!

I love fishing outta whitecity.
My pa-in-laws club tourney was this weekend on talquin- took 29+ to win.....and that bag didnt even have big fish. Big fish was over 10#!

They're on!