Shannon Lakes 3-1-2015

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Shannon Lakes 3-1-2015

Post by CoastalPirate »

Wow I believe it has been at least a year since I have been here and have been gone too long! I return with a post from an odd lake system...more like a retention pond...that now holds my wife's new bass record! We hit Shannon Lakes Sunday morning around 7:45 am. The weather report said that the high would be 60 with cloudy weather, however it ended up being 47-53 degrees with cloud cover and mists of rain the entire time we were out there. The water was murky with as to be expected on Shannon Lakes..weedy and snotty. We launched from the boat launch and headed for an island some teens told us last week. They wooed us with there big fish stories and we took the bait. I am so glad we did and so did my buddy who came out with us. Rastus, my buddy, starting catching bass which seemed to be every 20 minutes with a smoke colored zoom fluke by 7:10 am and caught a 3 pounder on a jerkbait with a feather. My wife fished the bottom with a Culprit Incredi-Craw blue 4" Texas rigged when nothing else was working and BAM! She broke her record and came up with this 4lb 3 oz beaut...and I left the lake...skunked again. The total: Rastus 8 bass, Shelly 2 and me...0...but it was an awesome day fishing regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Shannon Lakes 3-1-2015

Post by DixieReb »

That is a great looking fish! Maybe the warmer weather will help the bass bite, I haven't had much luck with them lately.
Yours in the South
bman

Post by bman »

Very nice! Its time to get out there :thumbup:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice fish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk