St Marks river?

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Triedandfailed

St Marks river?

Post by Triedandfailed »

Hey folks,

Wanted to try up the St Marks river this weekend for a change of pace. Haven't been freshwater fishing in years. What's working?
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks river?

Post by Redbelly »

Last time I went junebug was the color

Bout a month ago
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishman »

I put in at New Port last weekend and caught a bunch of small bream on crickets.
The yellow flies are horrible!!!!!! wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I've never been to the Newport bridge but my old man used to take me to Horn Spring, the old wooden bridge and all those places way, way up the river. He caught an 8lb bass and a 6lb bass off the bank while bream fishing once. Fun times.

I've since been fishing at Natural Bridge a few times and caught average bass and bream (the locals hit that pretty hard). Then last summer I got brave and went to the Tram Road bridge. I saw a giant moccasin as soon as I got out and thought about getting the heck out of there but I'm glad I didn't. I ended up catching fat Warmouth and Pike on a Rapala as if they were starving pond bream. I've so got an appointment with them fish again because I wasn't even serious fishing. I wanted to see how far down I could paddle.