Lake Jackson 11-29-2015

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Lake Jackson 11-29-2015

Post by CoastalPirate »

Late Post! My buddy and I hit Rhoden Cove at 6:45. Cool weather at first but quickly warmed by 10. Didnt get an exact air temp or water temp. But I am working on making the posts more weather accurate. Also, the water level is dropping pretty quickly. I would say at least 3 feet from October. If you are an earlier riser/fisherman please be aware that there are duck hunters on the water at this time. May do some respect and safety to stay out of the lily pad jungle until 10am. Stay tuned. It would seem that since the weather has chilled the bass would have gone for deeper water but we found our 3 bass in the shallows skirting lily pads. The first fish of the day was caught on a smoke colored fluke in Megginhis Arm. The second was caught on a 6' KVD crankbait (blue, yellow, and white colored body). The final bass was caught on a chartreuse pumpkin 6" Zoom Lizard (my go to when nothing seems to work). We didn't weigh the bass this time but we did measure for the dinner table! :lick: My friend and I have been working on shooting more fishing videos instead of pictures so please excuse the lack of photos during this report and enjoy the short 15 second film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuSbKjB-lOA
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson 11-29-2015

Post by silverking »

Excellent report. The videos are a nice touch. The cameraman might adjust the frame slightly so full heads are visible but you're off to a great start. Keep at it! :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bman

Re: Lake Jackson 11-29-2015

Post by bman »

Way to go! I'm in big need of a day on the water and Jackson is soooo close to my house.
I like the video!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"