Video of Best Catches - Summer 2016

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Video of Best Catches - Summer 2016

Post by big bend gyrene »

Few weeks ago I put together a video of topwater frog hits at the request of Bman. That video only showed strikes and misses but I promised a follow-up video featuring actual catches.

Took a while, but finally made the time to get the task done. Hope those board members who like to throw frogs / catch bass enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLtNEpVN1k[/video]
Last edited by big bend gyrene on September 15th, 2016, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Re: Video of Topwater Frog Hits AND Catches

And Micci-Man, if / when you see this post you have to admit while I admittedly don't know what to do with that right hand when casting, when the frogs get struck that right hand pretty quickly figures out what to do... START REELING!!! :wink: :lol:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Video of Best Catches - Summer 2016

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY BBG, THAT WAS A GREAT VIDEO, YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO INDUCE THOSE OLD BASS INTO STRIKING THAT FROG. THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL LAKE, IS IT THE ONE YOU LIVE ON? ALL OF OUR PONDS ARE SMALL, MADE JUST FOR IRRIGATING WHEN WE PUT THEM IN BUT THEY HAVE TURNED INTO NICE SMALL FISHING PONDS. WE LEASED THEM OUT BUT I CAN STILL FISH THEM .
HOPE JAKE WILL HAVE MY OLD EVINRUDE 85 REPARED SOON, I NEED TO GET DOWN TO THE GULF WHILE I STILL CAN.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
big bend gyrene

Thanks, PA. About a 600 yard walk from the back door to the pond, but sure don't get to fish it nearly as much as I'd like. Good thing I didn't have access to it as a boy, as I'm pretty sure I would have flunked out of school. :wink:

Pond was actually an old hardwood swamp until the late 1930s, when crews cut the trees down waist high and built a dam on the west side.

Worth sharing, PA, is the son of one of the men who cut trees at the pond actually still works for a neighbor helping take care of the land and not too long ago when I was fishing at the pond he was fishing it too at the spry age of 86. When we bought our place we got a write-up Tall Timbers did on the pond (the pond itself is under conservancy) and I loved a quote they shared that the son gave them, "You just can't put into words how it will be too look down from Heaven and see the pond that my father built and it wouldn't never look no different and wouldn't never have no houses on it." :thumbup: :beer:
Rangerpat
Site Sponsor

Post by Rangerpat »

Thanks for sharing your video and the history of the pond, it is beautiful!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Awesome video! Got me itching to go bass fishing bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

BBG, THANKS FOR THE REPORT ON THE POND, WE HAD A LOT OF PONDS DOWN AROUND BARTOW, FLA. WHERE THEY MINED PHOSPHATE ROCK, THESE PONDS ARE REALLY DEEP AND LOADED WITH BIG BASS, THEY ALLOW A FEW PERMITS A DAY ON A CATCH AND RELEASE BASIS, BUT BOY WHAT FUN CATCHING THOSE BASS IN THE 12-18 POUND RANGE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO