Big Slabs

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Burning daylight

Big Slabs

Post by Burning daylight »

Has anyone been catching any specks around lake miccoskee /iamonia? Any reports would be greatly appreciated
sailcat

Re: Big Slabs

Post by sailcat »

Hopefully I'll let you know next Friday. Headed to Talquin to give it a try. Four stars on the fishing calendar?
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

Talquin is hit or miss right now. Can catch a mess but not a fast bite. Night fishing is producing good results. Iamonia is dead water levels and temps are too high. Expect it to turn on as this changes. Not sure about Micc. Tired Creek is producing decent catches on minnows. Seminole is the best bite around and limits are being caught there.
sailcat

Post by sailcat »

Tried it Friday but the wind was too much for my boat. When I came back to Pat Thomas landing a boat came in with his limit of slabs though. Maybe next time it will be my turn?
Burning daylight

Post by Burning daylight »

I really appreciate the reports it's good to know that tired creek still has some fish in it I think the $10 a person fee stopped alot of the over fishing.sailcat the wind was rough yesterday I know it had to be really bad on open water it's nice a calm this morning and I'm hopeing it stays this way because I've got the boat hooked up ready to head to the aucilla this morning when some of this fog burns off I'll give a report on the trout and red's when i get back. Tight lines y'all
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I caught Specks in the upper Aucilla twice during that teensy window of time in November when the river wasn’t flooded 700 feet above normal. If it doesn’t rain significantly again for enough time for the river to sink back down, will this be the most time ever that it (and everything else) has been flooded in a year? It had been flooded since June before that. If you take away the widow of time in November it would have still been flooded since June of 2018!!!!!! And it had been flooded a long time before then. If it ever settles back down, there will be more dang fish than we have ever seen!
Last edited by BloodyChamp on February 9th, 2019, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J Holden

Post by J Holden »

I've been anxiously checking the USGS site for the Aucilla waiting for the water to go down enough to get my kayak through there without killing myself.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

If you just want to wet a line I can definitely understand that but as far as going and loading up on fish the Aucilla won’t start popping until Spring is sure enough on in late April. When they finally do get crunk up though it’s alot of fun.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

We've been catching some nice crappies up shallow under grass mats on minnows. I think it's warmed up enough they are going to bed soon. Fishing near Adel, Ga.
Yours in the South