Lake Jackson 12-28

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TOWM

Lake Jackson 12-28

Post by TOWM »

I decided to try Lake Jackson on Saturday. I got on the water around 2:30 pm and fished until 4:45. I landed two chunky 2 lb bass and missed three other strikes. All the strikes happened on a plain green scum frog. The bass preferred a six inch retrieve with a short pause. The bass were caught wherever the Lilly pads bordered hydrilla, in about 5-6 ft.
I also tried a white scum mouse, black jitterbug, and green topwater popping frog. None of them produced any strikes.
The duck hunters were out in force! I felt like I was in a war zone at times.
dropaline

Re: Lake Jackson 12-28

Post by dropaline »

thanks for the report!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: Nice going, finding what they want can be a challenge sometimes. I thought they closed those lakes to fishing during duck season.
Yours in the South
sailcat

Post by sailcat »

How was the navigation? Lot of grass?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice! Surprised they hit a frog this time of year, may have to try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Bass love frogs! I work at a state park here in Ga. that has a lake. When it warmed up, the tree frogs came out in force. We find them everywhere now. Guys that bass fish use-you guessed it-frog lures! :lol:
Yours in the South