Chattahoochee River report

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Not really "Big Bend" but I have to make a report now and then. :-D
With rain storms predicted to hit this afternoon and considering we had 6" of rain last week, I decided to hit the Chattahoochee river this morning for a couple of hours. Got to the ramp at daybreak and had 39 stripes and hybrids and two large mouths in the boat in three hours of fishing. They were aggressive and hungry. They were hitting anything with a chartreuse tail and solid white worked well too. When the skies turned dark and my hat blew off three times, I figured it was time to leave. Home by 11:00 when the bottom fell out of the skies. :D
20200429_065349.jpg
20200429_073428.jpg
20200429_073723.jpg
20200429_081606.jpg
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Nice. I’d release them in the lake of peanut oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Chattahoochee River report

Post by silverking »

Nice quickie. :wink: I've experienced some epic feeding frenzies as fronts approached and the barometer was falling. And if the boat and trailer get a rinse afterwards, so much the better.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat