Lake Talquin

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TOWM

Lake Talquin

Post by TOWM »

I fished Lake Talquin for the first time in many, many years. I should have gone on a nicer day. The wind was ferocious! I put in at Blounts landing around 1:00, and put the boat back on the trailer 30 minutes later after a wave crashed over the gunnel. Not one to give up early I decided to try Coe landing. I figured I could find calm, protected water up river. I was correct! I threw almost every lure in my tackle box and didn’t land any fish. I had some small fish nibble on a junebug colored plastic worm, but that’s all. I did see the largest bowfin I ever saw gulp air right in front of the boat. It had to be 10+ pounds. Around 5pm the wind calmed down and the ride to the landing wasn’t too bad. Today was a classic “bad day fishing beats a good day at work”.
sailcat

Re: Lake Talquin

Post by sailcat »

We launched at Pat Thomas State Park last week and fished Hammock creek and caught a number of good bass. That lake can get rough and dangerous real fast.
Good luck next time. Crappie should be biting soon if not already?