NEED PART FOR 1985- 85 H.P. EVINRUDE

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

NEED PART FOR 1985- 85 H.P. EVINRUDE

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I REALLY HOPE SOME ONE ON THE FORUM CAN HELP ME OUT. MY OLD 1985 85 H.P. EVINRUDE NEEDS A PART CALLED (PLATE THERMOSTAT HOUSING) THE PART NUMBER IS 0318397, THEY DO NOT MAKE THIS PART ANYMORE AND I HOPE I CAN FIND A DEALER OR USED PART PLACE THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO GET THIS PART. WITHOUT THIS PART THE ENGINE IS USELESS. I HAVE TO DO MY BEST TO FIND THIS PART, THIS OLD ENGINE RUNS GREAT BUT I CAN NOT RUN IT WITHOUT THE THERMOSTAT. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP THE OLD MAN OUT, I CAN NOT LET MY OLD FRIEND DIE. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP ON THIS.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
FishWithChris

Re: NEED PART FOR 1985- 85 H.P. EVINRUDE

Post by FishWithChris »

Hey Pa - I found an eBay listing that ended a few weeks ago. A guy in Panama City had something similar for sale; same part number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnson-Evinrud ... 1939327799

It was listed for a 73-77 Motor...

I've reached out to him to confirm compatibility and availability
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Ok - I heard back from him. He says it is for "an older than 1985 model, but to give his service manager Eddie Nelson a call to confirm"

Pa - Give Eddie Nelson a call at Battle's Rivercraft Marine in Panama City. Make sure to have your model/serial number, part number, etc... together

His number there is 850-871-2920
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THANKS NOLE FOR THAT QUICK REPLY, I WILL GIVE HIM A CALL.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY NOLE, MAN YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER. I CALLED EDDIE OVER IN PANAMA CITY DEALERSHIP AND HE HAD ONE LEFT, A NEW ONE. EDDIE PUT IT IN THE MAIL TODAY AND I SHOULD HAVE IT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. EDDIE SAID THAT THEY DO NOT MAKE THOSE PLATES ANYMORE AND I KNOW I WAS VERY LUCKY TO MAKE CONTACT WITH HIM, NOW I CAN GIVE NEW LIFE TO MY OLD FRIEND 85 EVINRUDE, HE LIVES FOR ANOTHER DAY.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

This thread is one of the greatest things about this forum! Folks helping folks!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Amen to that MudDucker!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Pa - glad it worked out! Let me know if you find it to not be the actual part and I'll start searching again!

Image Image Image
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY GALANTNOLE, TALKED TO EDDIE AND HE ASSURES ME THE PART HE HAS SENT ME IS THE ONE I NEED. MY OLD 1985 , 85 EVINRUDE HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A FRAUD. WHEN I BOUGHT THIS MOTOR I WAS GUARANTEED THAT IT WAS A 1985, AFTER CHECKING THE SERIAL NUMBER, IT TURNS OUT TO BE A 1976 YEAR MODEL. THEY ONLY MADE THIS SET UP ON THE 85 H.P. MOTORS FROM 1976 TO 1979, THE NEWER MOTORS HAVE A MUCH SIMPLIER SYSTEM FOR THE THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT. I SURE WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR GETTING ME IN TOUCH WITH EDDIE, HE SENT ME THE PART YESTERDAY AND I SHOULD GET IT TOMORROW, WILL TAKE ONLY ABOUT 3 MORE HOURS TO GET THINGS READY TO GO FISH.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

galantnole wrote:Pa - glad it worked out! Let me know if you find it to not be the actual part and I'll start searching again!
Solid work GN :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

Pa, if you ever need some old OMC parts Shields had a bunch when I was keeping an old turtleback running. They bought out a dealer on Monroe a while back.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THANKS DW, I WILL KEEP THIS ON MINE. I DO NOT THINK I WILL HAVE ANYMORE THINGS GO WRONG, I HAVE REWORKED IT FROM BOTTOM TO TOP AND SHE RUNS LIKE A NEW ENGINE.
PA]
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO