2015 Beavertail Micro 16 Tiller SOLD

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

2015 Beavertail Micro 16 Tiller SOLD

Post by silverking »

For sale, 2015 (delivered in mid-December) Beavertail Micro 16 Skiff with 2015 30-hp Evinrude E-TEC tiller outboard and Peterson aluminum trailer. Located in Tallahassee. Clear title in hand.

This is an impressive 1- or 2-man poling skiff, with a draft less than 5 inches loaded and speeds in the mid-20s. It will literally float and pole in water only kayaks can access. Run all day on less than 2 gallons of gas. Easy to load, trailer and store. I have been in three-foot seas and have stayed bone dry while running at 5,000 rpm.

Specifications:
LOA: 16' 8"
Beam: 60"
Draft: <5"

The Micro has a large front storage compartment in the bow casting deck that also houses the removable 8-gallon powder-coated fuel tank. Only non-ethanol gas has been used, along with Evinrude XD100 oil. A custom aluminum helm pod/grab bar includes mil-spec system switches, a fuel gauge and tachometer, Ritchie compass, Lenco trim tab controls, vertical rod holder, Garmin 44DV Down Vu GPS/chartplotter with coastal charts. The forward frame holds a 35-quart Engel roto-molded cooler with custom light gray seat cushion. Sea Dek pads protect the reels and under-gunwale rod racks will hold six combos up to 10-feet long. The rear deck includes a 10-gallon live well with acrylic lid, light gray seat cushion and the aft storage compartment/systems locker. There is also access to the fuse/wiring panel, automatic bilge pump, Odyssey AGM battery and fuel/water separator filter. A sturdy poling platform is equipped with a Sea Dek pad with BT logo, plus a welded rod holder and receiver for a manual anchor pin. A Tibor push pole holder is also included, along with a set of V-Marine black spool push pole holders. The Micro is equipped with premium stainless steel hardware and waterproof electrical connections and all composite materials. The weight is 400 pounds. The hull sides are finished in Awlgrip Haze Gray, while the top cap is Awlgrip Chevy White (very light gray to cut down on glare). A custom bow casting platform with Sea Dek, Pfender Pro quick release mount and turnbuckle is included. The boat is pre-wired for a bow trolling motor with aft battery tray, circuit breaker and bow quick release puck and connector plug.

Engine: 20-inch shaft 2015 Evinrude 30-hp E-TEC direct-injection two-stroke outboard with 82 hours. Under factory warranty for another six years! Rigged with a PowerTech three-blade stainless steel prop, with an Evinrude factory aluminum prop as back-up. Power tilt and trim. Instant electric start with manual back-up. Comes with a Carbon Marine tiller extension with tilt and trim control. Also rigged with black powder-coated Bob's cavitation plate (Whale tail) for better hole shots and top-end performance.

Trailer: Peterson aluminum trailer with radial tires, galvanized wheels and many upgrades, including spare tire, wheel and hub assembly, Fulton F2 winch, rubber mud flaps, Stolz poly keel roller with stainless pin, Stolz aft keel pad, Glide Slicks on both bunks, with side bunks and PVC guide posts for easy loading.

Excellent condition. Professionally maintained, washed and engine flushed after every use. Stored in a enclosed boat shed. If you're in the market for a true technical poling skiff that's fun to run, easy on the wallet and floats in spit, this is the skiff for you. Save thousands and the wait time on a new skiff.

SOLD

IMG_6135.jpg
IMG_6113.jpg
IMG_6114.jpg
IMG_6115.jpg
IMG_6117.jpg
IMG_6118.jpg
IMG_6119.jpg
IMG_6120.jpg
IMG_6122.jpg
IMG_6124.jpg
IMG_6125.jpg
IMG_6126.jpg
IMG_6128.jpg
IMG_6129.jpg
IMG_6130.jpg
IMG_6131.jpg
IMG_6132.jpg
IMG_6137.jpg
IMG_6133.jpg
IMG_6136.jpg
Last edited by silverking on December 17th, 2016, 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Re: 2015 Beavertail Micro 16 Tiller FS

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

That boat is awesome. We all know that you just had it built , so I have to be nosey and ask why are you are selling it ?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks TCC. It's a cool little skiff, but Beavertail just came out with the Mosquito. It's a little larger model rated for 70 hp and increased range while only adding an inch of draft, so if everything falls into place I'm going to have one built. I would have gone that route to begin with, but it wasn't even on the drawing board a year ago when I ordered the Micro.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Ooo. I bet she won't last long.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Will look forward to the build pics of the new one. VERY NICE RIDE !!!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

THOMAS CITY CURVE wrote:Will look forward to the build pics of the new one. VERY NICE RIDE !!!
Thanks! So when are you and your cashier's check coming by to pick her up? :wink:
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

I prefer to stay married. Plus I am kinda ruff on equipment and would probably leave most of the gell coat somewhere around aucilla on the first trip.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I have fished in this skiff and it's a skinny water weapon. Ultra quiet on the pole and floats as shallow as my Gheenoe.

The smooth ride in a chop was the biggest surprise to me. There is evidently just the right amount of V in the entry so that when you tab the bow down just a bit it just slices right thru the chop.

It has the fit, finish, and rigging you would expect to see on a very high end skiff but at a price point that many can afford. The boat still looks brand new. Silverking is a local legend for his full OCD over the top care and maintenance procedures.

She will make somebody very happy.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

Glws...if.I didn't just have a new baby. Beautiful boat.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

UFBeef wrote:Glws...if.I didn't just have a new baby. Beautiful boat.
Thanks. Not interested in a protracted sale like my previous boat, so if no one pulls the trigger on the Micro soon, I'll happily keep it. As RockyG said, it is an exceptional performer and very affordable to run. I top the tank off after every trip and including a 20-pound bag of ice, my bill is usually less than $8. It gets me where I want to go (and to places most others can't). It just takes a little longer getting there but the solution to that is launching closer to my ultimate destination.
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

silverking wrote:
UFBeef wrote:Glws...if.I didn't just have a new baby. Beautiful boat.
Thanks. Not interested in a protracted sale like my previous boat, so if no one pulls the trigger on the Micro soon, I'll happily keep it. As RockyG said, it is an exceptional performer and very affordable to run. I top the tank off after every trip and including a 20-pound bag of ice, my bill is usually less than $8. It gets me where I want to go (and to places most others can't). It just takes a little longer getting there but the solution to that is launching closer to my ultimate destination.
Absolutely, in have a 17MA, it gets me there fast and dry, but it's doesn't float as shallow as I would like, new to the area so still figuring it out. Beautiful boat and very fair price, glws.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Bump for a winter, low-tide machine. Fully fueled and ready to fish.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Still available. Have had some interest but no money changing hands yet.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sold. Thanks for looking.