Salt Cured Shrimp bait

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flarambler

Re: Salt Cured Shrimp bait

Post by flarambler »

Wow CS...that is back when they still knew how to build a better catfish....lol...I like the old station wagon....you barely see them restored or otherwise anymore...Its sad how so many places that we knew as children are gone...they call it progress, but it's lost time to me...I would enjoy taking my kids to half the areas that I went to...Anyway...keep catching the fish and I will keep drooling over the pics everyone...see ya later
flogator

Post by flogator »

Not salt cured, but I freeze my bait shrimp in a ziploc by disolving as much kosher salt in water until it won't disolve anymore then freeze shrimp. water in bag will not feeze completely, but shrimp will be as fresh as when they were put in bag. caught sheephead this year on 2 year old St. John's river shrimp!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I started a batch last night. There are recipes all over the new about how to do this. Win Dixie had "fisherman's" shrimp buy one get one. It was cheaper than getting them a a bait shop. This ought to work real well in the rivers this winter (next week end hopefully). Used allot of salt and believe this will work. Can't wait to give them a go. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
oreocwby

Post by oreocwby »

which winn dixie please???
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

This stuff really works! I can't wait till to get back out on the flats and give it a go. Tried it in the river a couple weeks ago... Check out my last fishing report:
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =1&t=33063