Protection

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tabb

Protection

Post by tabb »

What can you do to help prevent corrosion from salt? Not just boats but bikes, beach chairs, trucks etc..
What do you run through motors after trip in salt water?
loki2

Re: Protection

Post by loki2 »

fresh water
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WHAT HE SAID. I ALWAYS BACK MY TRAILER DOWN INTO A FRESH WATER POND, LAKE, RIVER ETC. TILL THE WATER IS AT LEAST A 1/2 FT. ABOVE WHERE THE WATER CAME WHEN I WAS LOADING OR UNLOADING IN THE SALT WATER, CRANK UP THE ENGINE AND LET IT RUN FOR ABOUT 5 MIN. , I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR ABOUT 70 YRS. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT I STILL HAVE THE SAME TRAILER I USED BACK IN THE 30'S. I HAVE REPLACED THE BEARINGS AND SEALS ON THE TRAILER 2 TIMES SINCE I BOUGHT THE LITTLE GATOR TRAILER BACK YEARS AGO. I HAVE SAND BLASTED THE TRAILER 2 TIMES IN THIS TIME PERIOD AND REPAINTED WITH RED LEAD AS A PRIME COAT AND THEN 4 COATS OF MARINE ENAMEL.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Pa, you are the coolest!
Team Jolly Mon
oreocwby

Post by oreocwby »

Corrosion Block Spray
"Its a single can replacement for a number of products"

CORROSION

A SIMPLE EXPLANATION: Corrosion simply stated is a natural phenomenon which destroys most metals by either a chemical or electrochemical reaction. The metal is converted, usually with the help of an electrolyte, into a stable metallic compound such as an oxide, hydroxide, or sulphate. The rate at which metals corrode depends greatly on the environment they are exposed to, and the amount of preventive maintenance they receive. Metals that are exposed to marine atmospheres, moisture, tropical temperatures, and industrial chemical atmospheres have the highest rate of corrosion. The tendency of metals to corrode creates a serious problem causing loss of value, safety and functionality in our investments. Corrosion Block ANTI-CORROSION FORMULA

Corrosion Block has superior features:
1. It is a superior anti-corrosion compound.
• It kills existing corrosion in progress.
• It prevents new corrosion cells from forming for 12-18 months.
2. It is an excellent penetrant.
3. It is an excellent light lubricant.
4. It is non conductive and excellent for protecting electronics
tabb

Post by tabb »

Thanks for the info.