Reel protection and longer life p.s. plastic navy

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

Reel protection and longer life p.s. plastic navy

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

low end reels need protection aswell as the high end.nothing work like a new one. these new genaration type reels are smoother faster stronger lighter. cleaning and reoiling and grease is about protection not how it proform. now with bearing driven type reels need protection fill the side plate cap with grease. try to keep water out salt the worst. bait caster and spinning the bearings are middle of road quality. even on the high end reel they change the bodys but they do'not change the enter. up grade the bearing to ceramic. the anti-reverse bearing you can not get in ceramic . this bearing give the most trouble. but you you can get the pinion bearing in ceramic. the # 2 most trouble bearing on a spinning reel. bait caster it is
the spool bearing up grade you add life and protection. mike flowers rod and reel repair 9262120
Last edited by MIKE REELMAN on January 9th, 2016, 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
countrycorners

Re: Reel protection and longer life

Post by countrycorners »

Good info, thanks!
MIKE REELMAN
Site Sponsor

Re: Reel protection and longer life p.s. plastic navy

Post by MIKE REELMAN »

you offshore fishing man yours reel set in sun the cold on the boat in shed for months salt dry in them .can not stop it from happens. the inshore reel do the same thing. the reel will steel work . but to repair it , i have a big problem getting them apart .the older grouper type reel peen 4/0 bullet proff. one of the best reel to repair for the price. Plastic navy sorry for pick on you . but i worked on a 200.$ shimano he said it only 2-years old . i Beat it apart.