Board picture question

Tell me what you think. Do you like the site? Don't like it? Want more stuff? This is your opportunity to make the site work for you.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Board picture question

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Why are we limited to 500 pixel width pictures?

On a 1024x768 screen, this leaves a big gap on the right side, or do you have it set for 800x600 viewers?

No matter what size photo, it comes up 500 pixel width on the screen

Example: here is an 800x600 photo. Notice the big gap on the right side at 1024x768. Why can't we use that space?

Also notice it has distorted the text to be unreadable.

On the redfish tide post, I had to manually resize the photo to 500 width to keep the text readable (a real pain)

Image :-D
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Chalk

Re: Board picture question

Post by Chalk »

Dubble Trubble wrote:On a 1024x768 screen, this leaves a big gap on the right side, or do you have it set for 800x600 viewers?
Everyone doesn't have or use 1024x768 and alot of the popular photo hosting sites have size restrictions as well
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

500 pixels is the size that keeps the board from distorting. Some folks know how to post correctly sized pics, some don't. I have the board default them all to the correct size.

There is development going on for an upgrade that will allow for clickable photos so you can see the originally sized picture. When that is out of beta I will look at integrating it.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Tom,
So, if I'm reading this right, I don't need to worry about downsizing any photos I take b/c the board will do it for me?
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Well, you should ideally only use photos no bigger than 800 X 600 on the web anyway. But yes, that is correct.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Tom Keels wrote:There is development going on for an upgrade that will allow for clickable photos so you can see the originally sized picture. When that is out of beta I will look at integrating it.
I am working on a new forum for a coin club and this is how it handles large photos. But I know the "clickable" ones you are talking about, and I like that solution better.

http://www.rosecitycoinclub.org/yabb/Ya ... 180296/0#0
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Dubble, that's how the attachments work. If you upload the image as an attachment, it will let you scroll to see it.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Oh, Ok, so you have to do it that way instead of [img]. I will play with that in the test area....

I was used to Yabb, which does it automatically with just [img]

Dubble :thumbup: