Problem accessing forum after upgrade Norton antiviru

Tell me what you think. Do you like the site? Don't like it? Want more stuff? This is your opportunity to make the site work for you.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Problem accessing forum after upgrade Norton antiviru

Post by KarstRanger »

A couple of months ago, I bought the latest version of Norton. Included was a product called "Norton Internet Security". Immediately upon competing the upgrade, I started having trouble getting into this forum.

The problem is that if I simply go into the main forum screen (http://www.bigbendfishing.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and try to select the "Discussion" area, it just hour-glasses and never responds from there.

However if I first go to the "Latest Discussion Threads" area on the right and go view one of them, then I can go to the top of that post and navigate to other areas of the forum as normal.

I wonder if a cookie is trying to be written when I go to "Discussion" and not when I go to the "Latest Discussion Threads". Cookies are able to be written on this PC, but I wonder if Norton is thinking something from the forum is an intrusion threat (?).
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: Problem accessing forum after upgrade Norton antiviru

Post by Tom Keels »

Norton :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Nothing different other than the latest discussion threads takes you past the main page into the veiwtopic.

I would look into norton and see if there is a "whitelist" for certain sites that will bypass security and try adding the forum in there.
Tom Keels
Site Founder