Need to enter [SUBMIT] twice??

Tell me what you think. Do you like the site? Don't like it? Want more stuff? This is your opportunity to make the site work for you.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Need to enter [SUBMIT] twice??

Post by Sir reel »

Good morning
Sent a pm to a member yesterday (I thought)... apparently wasn't paying attention. When I checked this morning, there was no message in the SENT or OUTBOX folder. I composed the message again and watched more closely. When I hit the SUBMIT button, a PREVIEW version came up. When I hit the SUBMIT button a second time, it went. Is it normal to have to key the SUBMIT button twice to get a message to go? I've never noticed that before. This is the second time this morning that I've sent this to the SITE FEEDBACK because the first time it happened here as well.

Bud
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: Need to enter [SUBMIT] twice??

Post by Tom Keels »

Maybe you hit preview by mistake. I know I have done it.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I agree Tom...but after dealing with this since yesterday I was trying to be real careful in that regard this morning.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Did you reboot? I cannot replicate the problem - it may be your computer. What browser are you using? Clear all history, delete cookies and reboot.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY BUD, SEE IF THIS GOES WITH JUST 1 CLICK ON SUBMIT.
EARL
FUTCHCAIRO
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YES IT DID, GOTTA GO SPILLED DIESEL ALL OVER MY PANTS AND THE SMELL IS GETTING TO ME. SEE YA
EARL
FUTCHCAIRO
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Jim, I didn't notice it until this morning when I noticed nothing in my outbox or sent box. That's when I resent the PM. After hitting the submit, I still didn't see anything in the two out boxes and composed the message again. When I hit the submit button this time, that's when I noticed the PREVIEW at the top (like I said, I hadn't been paying attention). I hit the submit button again and it was sent this time and appeared in my outbox as I would expect. Since this was done after turning off the computer when leaving yesterday and turning it on this morning I would say the computer has been rebooted. As a matter of routine, I always delete all temporary files and cookies when I shut down in the evening. My system is using Windows XP professional and the browser is Internet Explorer 7
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Dunno - if Tom did any patching it could be the forum software....was on another forum last week and I had to hit the back button twice to get away from a screen....similiar forum
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Tom was able to duplicate the situation. When you enter the TO: member name directly rather than choosing from the member list, you need to also hit the ADD button, otherwise you will have the same experience I did. OR else choose from the member list.